Tuesday 6 March 2012

Crocheting the day away.....

Hello lovely  kindred souls,


Hope the suns rays are spreading out to warm you up in your nook? the days are getting longer and brighter which is always a good thing....but I have to say I love all seasons because they are all wonderful in their own way, don't you think?


I kept postponing a blog post so I  could gather lotsa photos...this is happening slowly cos I have been quite busy with numerous WIP's...hence this is a word heavy post!!


I have started the Lego blanket, I need way more squares as it is for my 12 year old son....so its an ongoing project . I try my best to intersperse heavy projects with smaller ones for instant gratification....like several scarves which are my fave accessory, baby cardi  for a friend, baskets and small purses  .....bracelets...another blankie in the pipeline for which the wool has arrived...and as if that wasnt enough, I have embarked upon a project which involves lace weight yarn and several octagonal motifs to make  a work of art hopefully!! Any  guesses??


I love the yarn , its so soft and cuddly. A year ago,I wouldn't have dared to crochet with yarn so fine simply because of the fact that any project would take much longer  to finish and wear...but  a certain genius of a  Parisian designer has inspired me  to take the plunge!! 


God ,am I besotted with her work !! I know this project is going to take me really long to complete...but whats the hurry? In this world of instant and fast achievements, I think its nice to take your time to create something which would be cherished for a very long time. ( so I say at this point in time!!) But jokes apart, I really want to finish this project....please do encourage me,lovely people!! 


Pictures will appear tomorrow, so please do send me good wishes ,all you crochet geniuses!! 






Will sign off for now, see ya tomorrow!!




Warmest hugs,
Ramya



No comments:

Post a Comment