Tuesday 20 March 2012

Hooky fingers.....

Hello lovely friends,

Hope this post finds you basking in the sunshine, literally and figuratively? Lovely blue skies here in the UK...and  sunshine too....how essential it is to well being, isnt it?

My hooky fingers have been busy trying to create things that make me sing !! Isnt there something so magical about making something just out of a ball of yarn and a lil hook? I feel really blessed to be able to nurture this ability, dont you?

Amidst all my WIPs,  I upcycled this little drawstring bag , I actually finished it today....here it is!!






Isnt it darling? I have always had a  penchant for dinky bags and this fits the bill  exactly!








This is the rather staid avatar of the bag before it was made over.....it held a bag of 
sweeties long demolished...I had stashed this jute bag away thinking that it would be used one day.....am so glad I did!!







This is the snowy pile of hexagons which aided heavily in the make over. I finally used up yarn i got ages ago for some other long forgotten purpose!! It is a rather simple pattern and I would be more than happy to do a tutorial. Worry not if you dont  possess said jute bag , as you  could just make the bag in thick yarn or else line the bag if using DK weight yarn!!

One satisfied bunny signing off for now, see you all soon!!


Warm hugs,
Ramya

4 comments:

  1. Your bag looks very pretty. Love the little dots of red in the cream squares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute,Rums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - good use of a stashed bag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice ! Love the colors you choose...
    Have a nice week-end.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete